The Assistant Manager is responsible for effectively computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community. The entrant will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to make payments to vendors, process resident rental payments and obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining property accounting records.
Essential Job Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
- A minimum of one-year experience in a customer service related industry and/or one-year apartment leasing experience.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and sales ability.
- Fair Housing Certification, willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Competence in operation of telephone, business calculator, copy machine, facsimile, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and MS Outlook.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training to comply with new or existing laws.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Neat, clean, professional always throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Successfully pass drug test.
To apply to any of our current openings, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.