The want and need for living in an eco-friendly living space go beyond just the latest fad. More and more people are choosing to live an eco-friendly lifestyle with the use of recycled products, conservative resource appliances, and driving hybrid cars. Some think that you have no control over where you live when it comes to how environmentally friendly your apartment building is. At Burns Management, we want to let you know that you can have both. Here are some ways you can live an eco-friendly lifestyle with Burns Management:
Eco-Friendly Apartment Features:
- Lighting – Use of energy efficient lighting fixtures and LED bulbs allow you to easily light your apartment while staying environmentally conscious. These fixtures and bulbs use about 25%-80% less energy and can last a substantial amount of time longer than traditional bulbs.
- Air Sealing – This test is performed to see how airtight your apartment is. This test ensures that you are not losing heat or cool air out of your apartment through air leaks. This will help with energy efficiency and your heating and cooling bills.
- Water Reduction – The installation of new faucets, toilets, dishwashers, and other appliances help reduce the amount of water being used during use.
- Updated Boilers – The use of demand sensing pumps reduce overall energy costs by automatically starting and stopping the pump. They also use less water and energy during use.
- Energy Efficient Appliances – Many of the Burns Management apartments have been upgraded to Energy Star® rated appliances. These appliances use between 10%-50% less energy each year!
- Electronic Charging Stations – If you decide to go green on the road, having a charging station is a must have on your eco-friendly apartment checklist. At Burns Management several communities are now offering electronic vehicle charging stations for convenience.
Things You Can Do To Extend Your Eco-Friendly Apartment Living:
- Grocery Bags – Use of reusable bags for groceries is now a requirement for New York State. Although some stores are still offering paper bags, use of a reusable bag helps make a big impact on living an eco-friendly lifestyle.
- Avoid Single Use Bottles – Invest in a filtration system like Brita or Pur. This will help reduce the number of water bottles that get thrown away each year and save you quite a bit of money in the process.
- Use Natural Cleaners –There are many natural products that clean just as well as traditional cleaning products and are safer for the environment. Just make sure to do some research on what products will work best for your cleaning needs.
- Unplug Devices – You can reduce energy bills by unplugging devices when not in use. Phantom energy or standby power is still being used when the device is not in active use.