Albany, NY is home to many diverse restaurants, entertainment centers, and local bars.
With your apartment’s prime location, be prepared for your friends to hope for adventure during their visit to your Albany, NY apartment.
So, what are the exciting places to see?
Here, we’ve put together a list of the top three spots to bring visitors. Ready, set, enjoy!
#1: Take a Tour of the New York State Capital Buildings
The architecture in Albany, NY is like no other.
From different architectural styles such as Victorian brownstone-lined streets, to large skyscrapers, to a historic Midcentury Modern egg-shaped music hall, there’s so much to explore in Albany’s vibrant city.
We highly suggest planning a day to walk around and visit these top landmarks:
- The New York State Capitol Building
- The Empire Plaza
- The Egg Performing Arts Center
#2: Visit the New York State Museum
The New York State Museum is full of historic treasures and interesting exhibitions. Some of the most popular finds you’ll want to see are:
- The Carousel: This hundred-year-old treasure represents the heart and soul of amusement rides at the turn of the 20thcentury. If you’re lucky, you may be able to ride this gem while enjoying the best view of the Empire Plaza.
- Ice Ages: How Ice Shaped the Land and the Life in New York: This exhibit covers changes in New York’s land, animals, and ecosystems over thousands of years. The biggest highlights of this exhibit are the fossils of ice age mammals such as the mammoth, caribou, moose, and whales.
- First Peoples: This exhibit highlights the long presence of Indigenous people within New York State. One of the most stunning and fun features of this exhibit is its Mohawk Iroquois Longhouse. You can walk into this life-size model to appreciate the interior of a Longhouse.
#3: Go to The Albany Institute of History & Art
The Albany Institute of History & Art is regarded for its collection of famous American landscape paintings of the 19thcentury.
There you can find renowned artwork from the Hudson River School and the founder of the movement, Thomas Cole. You can also check out their popular ongoing Ancient Egypt and Nineteenth-Century American Sculpture exhibits.
Learn More on What’s Around Your Apartment in Albany, NY
Want to learn more about the great conveniences and entertainment options near your apartment in Albany?
Contact us today! We’re more than happy to discuss what’s located in your area.