The coronavirus pandemic has certainly changed that way many of us work and live. The public health restrictions caused by the pandemic have led to many canceled festivals, concerts, and other local events. Despite the cancellations, there is still plenty of fun to be had here!
Outdoor activities while social distancing:
Your Burns Management property is the perfect place to find many great outdoor activities to do while social distancing, weather permitting. Being outside offers an emotional boost and can help you feel less tense, stressed, angry or depressed. Sunlight can also give your body the vitamin D it needs to stay healthy. Here are some things to do while social distancing outdoors. Remember, it’s important to follow all necessary safety guidelines even when participating in outdoor activities.
- Walking, running, and hiking
- Rollerblading and biking
- Fishing and hunting
- Rock climbing
- Kayaking, canoeing, diving, boating, or sailing
- Drive-In movies
Indoor activities while social distancing:
Finding some new indoor activities while social distancing can seem impossible, but we have found some really fun activities to change your mind!
- Virtual game night with friends and family
- Try new recipes with virtual cooking classes
- Try a virtual workout class held by local instructors
- Host watch parties where you all get together to watch the newest episode of The Bachelor
- Attend virtual concerts
- Karaoke dance parties
- Virtual paint and sip classes
Activities to do while social distancing in Saratoga Springs, NY:
- Hike one of the numerous trails located in and around Saratoga Springs.
- Do a self-guided tour of landmarks that includes attractions like the mineral springs.
- Play a round of golf at the Saratoga National Golf Club.
- Kayak around Saratoga Lake with available rentals.
- Bike around Saratoga National Historical Park or Saratoga Spa State Park.
- Enjoy the Spa City Farmers Market located in the Saratoga Spa State Park.
Activities to do while social distancing in Albany, NY:
- Take a stroll through Washington Park, home of the annual Tulip Festival held on Mother’s Day weekend.
- Stop at Albany’s entertainment destination, Crossgates Mall. Enjoy food shopping and great entertainment.
- Bike or hike the Albany County Helderberg-Hudson Rail Trail.
Activities to do while social distancing in Guilderland, NY:
- Take a walk through Albany Pine Bush Preserve.
- Enjoy a spa day at Poiema Salon and Spa.
- Visit the Uptown Campus of SUNY Albany.
- Shop amazing finds at Colonie Center.
Activities to do while social distancing in Niskayuna, NY:
- Hike the Lisha Kill Preserve trails which includes a flowing stream and tree well over 200 years old.
Activities to do while social distancing in Schenectady, NY:
- Take a walk through the Central Park Rose Garden.
- Explore VIA Aquarium and feed a stingray!
- Take a walk through the Stockade Historic District, New York States first historic district.
- Have fun at the Mountain Ridge Adventure, treetop challenge course and zip line park.
Activities to do while social distancing in Latham, NY:
- Walk the trails of Peebles Island State Park.
- Shop some unique shops in Latham, as well as some of your well-known favorites.
- Go get some sweet treats at Bella-Napoli Italian Bakery, we promise you won’t be disappointed.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, it’s important to take care of yourself and those around you. Practice precautions such as washing your hands often, not touching your face, avoiding close contact. With the right information, you can make thoughtful choices about ways to bring a sense of normalcy and joy to your life during the pandemic. We hope this inspires you to try something new.