Summer is the perfect time to enjoy a frozen treat! With properties located all across the region, you’re never far from great ice cream when you live in our apartments in the Capital District. But the real question is: what does your favorite ice cream flavor say about your personality? We’re here to tell you!
Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor
- Vanilla: If vanilla is your favorite flavor of ice cream, you likely have an appreciation for the simple things in life. You’re a minimalist who values quality over quantity. You’re also easygoing and easy to please.
- Chocolate: Chocolate ice cream lovers are sophisticated and mature. You’re very classy and cultured, and you love learning new things. You may have expensive taste, but you’re the go-to whenever someone needs a recommendation for a new restaurant or fashion advice!
- Mint Chocolate Chip: If you love mint chip ice cream, you’re calm, cool, and collected. You’ve got a handle on your inner zen and you’re always able to keep your composure when life gets tough.
- Strawberry: Strawberry lovers are confident and outgoing. You make friends easily and are the life of the party anywhere you go! People are naturally drawn to your gregarious personality and you can come up with fun plans at the drop of a hat.
- Butter Pecan: People who love butter pecan ice cream have an appreciation for times gone by. You’re very nostalgic and love to reminisce about the past, whether by frequenting thrift shops or reading historical fiction. You’ve got great taste in vintage style and can spout off any number of fun facts!
- Cookies and Cream: Those who love cookies and cream ice cream have a great sense of humor. You were probably the class clown, and you love to make people laugh! Whether you’re cracking jokes with your friends or trying your hand at stand-up, your lighthearted attitude is always appreciated.
- Rocky Road: If rocky road is your favorite ice cream flavor, you’ve probably got a serious case of wanderlust. You’re always off on a new adventure, and everyone loves to hear the tales you have to tell when you get back. You love to travel and always find new places to visit that are off the beaten path!
The Best Ice Cream in the Capital District
Once you’ve found your flavor, you’re probably craving a sweet treat or two. No worries – we’ve found the best ice cream in the region, so no matter which of our apartments in the Capital District you choose to call home, you’ll know where to go.
Best Ice Cream in Schenectady, NY
In Schenectady, there’s no shortage of options for great ice cream. The Grandstand is a local favorite in the summertime, while the nearby Curry Freeze offers a wide variety of soft-serve flavors to choose from. Poppy’s is a little further out from the center of town, but they offer frozen yogurt, ice cream, and Italian ice to suit a number of different tastes!
At Burns Management, we have several apartment communities located in the Schenectady area: Edison Apartments, Graystone Apartments, Holyrood House, and Mohawk Village Apartments. All of them boast modern appliances and communal spaces to relax and unwind after a day of exploring Schenectady. For apartments in the Capital District, you can’t go wrong with Burns Management!
Best Ice Cream in Albany, NY
There are many ice cream shops to choose from in Albany! Emack & Bolio’s gets rave reviews from its customers, offering a huge selection of gourmet flavors as well as frozen yogurt. For the epitome of summer living, stop by Jim’s Tastee Freez for ice cream and a hot dog while the weather is nice. Scoups is located on an actual dairy cow farm and boasts a selection of rotating flavors, so you’ll want to stop by again and again!
We offer many apartment communities in Albany, two of which are Grecian Terrace Apartments and Oxford Heights. Both offer a variety of floor plans while boasting a convenient location that’s close to everything Albany has to offer. Our apartments in the Capital District feature on-site laundry and are close to major bus lines, making it easier than ever to get around.
Best Ice Cream in Latham, NY
In Latham, you can find a variety of great ice cream. On the Farm is a local ice cream shop with food options and rotating weekly flavors to choose from. Guptill’s Ice Cream is a window-serve ice cream shop with outdoor seating nearby for you to enjoy your snack.
Latham is home to two of our apartments in the Capital District: Schuyler Commons and Skyview Terrace. Schuyler Commons is Latham’s first smart apartment community, which means when you live there, you can control your lights, temperature, speakers, and more from an app on your phone! Skyview Terrace is newly-remodeled and offers stainless steel appliances, a clubhouse with a fireplace, and an outdoor pool so you can socialize with friends and neighbors. You can’t go wrong with any of our apartments in Latham, NY.
Best Ice Cream in Guilderland, NY
Guilderland’s location makes it a great spot to find the best ice cream. The Cone Zone on Western Ave is a local ice cream shop with a variety of fun flavors for you to choose from. Also nearby is the Corner Ice Cream Store in Carman Plaza. Both have great ratings, so you can’t go wrong!
Guilderland is where you’ll find our Heritage Village apartment community. These spacious apartments in the Capital District offer free heat and hot water, so your utility bills will be a breeze! Heritage Village offers a 24-hour fitness center, outdoor pool and tennis courts, and a clubhouse with fireplace perfect for entertaining. There’s always something new to do at these apartments in the Capital District.
Best Ice Cream in Niskayuna, NY
The best ice cream in Niskayuna can be found at your local Stewart’s Shops! Stewart’s has locations throughout the Capital Region, but when it comes to quick and easy ice cream it just can’t be beat. Stewart’s offers a variety of flavors that are unique to the region, such as Adirondack Bear Paw and Crumbs Along the Mohawk. Stop in and see what they have in store!
Our Niskayuna apartment community is Iroquois Village, offering pet-friendly 1- and 2-bedroom apartments in the Capital District. When you live in Iroquois Village, you can enjoy modern amenities like brand-new appliances and a state-of-the-art fitness center, all located in a tranquil environment outside of the hustle and bustle of the city. You’ll love everything that Iroquois Village has to offer.
Best Ice Cream in Saratoga Springs, NY
Saratoga Springs is home to a variety of great ice cream shops. Kilwins sells ice cream and homemade chocolate, making it the perfect destination when you have a sweet tooth. Saratoga Gelato sells delicious gelato as well as coffee and pastries, so you can relax and enjoy the atmosphere at any time of day. Dairy Haus has been serving up their flavors since 1985, and their outdoor stand allows you to enjoy your ice cream in the nice weather by sitting at the nearby picnic benches!
At Burns Management, many of our apartments in the Capital District are located in Saratoga Springs, NY. Skidmore Apartments and 2 West are about a 6-7 minute drive from Dairy Haus and are within walking distance of Kilwins and Saratoga Gelato. Broadway 385 is in the heart of downtown Saratoga, making it easy to check out any of the ice cream shops or dining options in the area. All of them are a great place to call home in Saratoga Springs!
Burns Management will be happy to help you find apartments in the Capital District. All of our apartments in the Capital District are conveniently located, whether you’re looking for a sweet treat or just want to take in some entertainment. To learn about the properties we have available, browse our apartments in the Capital District today!