Now is the perfect time to start thinking about back-to-school shopping! Some may even say “It’s the most, wonderful time of the year…” You could be looking for some simple supplies like pens and paper or new back-to-school clothes, a backpack, or perhaps some novelty trinkets for a locker. When you choose to live at one of our Burns Management properties in the Capital Region, there is a little bit of everything super close to home and a bunch of places to grab a bite to eat while you’re out shopping. Whatever you’re shopping for this back-to-school season your apartment in the Capital Region is close to everything you need.
Back-To-School Shopping in Albany, NY
- Crossgates Mall: The mall has 180 retailers to choose from with home goods, accessories, apparel, and more, you can find all your needs under one roof. Crossgates also offers dining options to suit any taste, including 12 sit-down restaurants, 11 food court options, 2 fast-casual eateries, and 16 snacks stations.
- Crossgates Commons: A one-stop shop retail center in the Capital Region is home to many popular back-to-school stores including TJ Maxx, Walmart, at home and Sketchers. You can grab a quick bite at Panera before heading off to another store to complete your list.
- Colonie Center Mall: The mall offers 100 specialty stores with popular retailers and local businesses for your back-to-school shopping needs. It’s also home to a variety of eateries including a food court and popular restaurants like The Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, and Five Guys. After your day of shopping you can catch a movie at Regal Cinema in their newly renovated RPX theater.
- Stuyvesant Plaza: Stuyvesant Plaza has 60 shops to browse and dine. Some of the most frequented shops include Talbot’s, TGI Fridays, White House/Black Market & Chico’s.
- Westgate Plaza: Westgate Plaza is a staple strip mall in central Albany with 25 different shops to explore. It’s home to a variety of clothing stores, a barber, eateries, banks, and various boutiques, so there’s something for everyone.
Back-To-School Shopping in Latham, NY
- Latham Farms Shopping Center: A popular shopping center with multiple national retailers including Home Depot, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Staples, and Sam’s Club. Get all your back to school supplies then stop in to Duck Donuts for a treat.
- The Shoppes at Latham Circle: This shopping plaza is home to several big-name stores including Walmart, Burlington Coat Factory, Lowes, GameStop, and Sketchers. After scratching things off your back-to-school shopping list check out several eateries like Moe’s, Taste of Italy, and Jersey Mikes.
- New Loudon Center: This shopping center is a great place to start your back-to-school shopping list. It’s home to two craft stores: AC Moore and Hobby Lobby for all your dorm room needs as well as five below and Marshalls for your supplies and clothing needs. There is even a great lunch spot inside Market Bistro.
Back-To-School Shopping in Saratoga Springs, NY
- Wilton Mall: The mall has a variety of shops from well-known retailers including Dick’s Sporting Goods, JCPenney, HomeGoods, Bow-Tie Cinemas, and Old Navy, plus fun local boutiques. You can also enjoy a meal at one of our restaurants like Healthy Living Marketplace & Cafe, Campione’s Pizza and Subs, NY Grill, Yum Yum Kitchen, and 99 Restaurant & Pub, just outside the mall.
- Wilton Square: Wilton Square is home to some of the most popular shopping in Saratoga. With stores like Target, Staples, Michael’s Barnes and Noble you’ll take that to-do list and turn it into your to-done list.
- The Shoppes at Wilton LLC: This plaza has a variety of shops to meet your every back-to-school shopping needs including clothing shops, hair and nail supplies, and grabbing a bite to eat, before heading back our on your shopping trip. Believe us when we say, you can find it at The Shoppes at Wilton LLC. Some of the stores include TJ Maxx, Army Navy Store, Sally’s Beauty Supply, Hair Mechanics, Moe’s Southwest Grill, and Osaka Sushi.
- Saratoga Marketplace: Located in the heart of downtown, Saratoga the Saratoga Marketplace has more than 14 businesses, ranging from clothing and lifestyle boutiques to restaurants and art galleries.
Convenient Living in the Capital Region
There are plenty of shops, both locally owned and big-name chains, to find everything you need to start the school year off right. So grab your favorite shopping buddies and spend the day check things off your back-to-school checklist. All of our apartments in the Capital Region are conveniently located, to all your favorite stores. To learn about the properties we have available, browse our apartments in the Capital Region today!