If you live or have been looking for apartments in the Capital Region, you’ll be happily surprised that they are a lot of great fall activities going on near you!
That’s right, we’ll break down some of the top things to do in your apartment this fall. Let’s find out what great new activities you can try based on your location.
If you live in Troy, NY: Try Pumpkin Patches
If you live in Troy, NY, it’s time for you to go explore Troy’s favorite pumpkin patches! From fall food to activities, like a corn maze, there are so many fun things to do for everyone. Our top picks for you to explore near you are:
- Schuyler Farms
- Ellms Family Farms
- Ioka Valley Farm
Even if you don’t go on the attractions, you’ll definitely love the fall treats they serve, like fresh apple cider and apple cider donuts.
If you live in Saratoga, NY: Try Leaf-Peeping
Leaf peeping is a great fall activity! Not only do you get to go into nature, but you also get to know the local parks around you much better! Some of the most noteworthy places to go leaf-peeping in Saratoga, NY include:
- Congress Park
- Skidmore’s North Woods
- Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail
- Rowland Hollow Create Preserve
- Saratoga Spa State Park
If you live in Albany, NY: Try Fall Food
If you’re a fan of everything spiced and served up nice, there are some great food places you need to visit in Albany, NY. Here, are our top pumpkin picks that you’ll want to try ASAP:
- Pumpkin spice lattes: PSL lovers go try the local pumpkin spice lattes at Stacks Espresso Bar and Uncommon Grounds
- Pumpkin ice cream: Head over to Guptill’s Coney Express for a heavenly pumpkin ice cream that will instantly put you in the fall spirit.
- Pumpkin baked goods: If you love sweets, see what pumpkin goods Bountiful Bread is baking. Make sure to call them ahead of time for available treats.
- Pumpkin spice donuts: Cider Belly Donuts is sure to satisfy your pumpkin tooth. This place has some of the best donuts in the area!
- Pumpkin spice cakes & cupcakes: There are two places you’ll need to go! First, check out Nothing Bundt Cakes pumpkin spice Bundt cake. Then, see what pumpkin cakes and cupcakes are being served up at Coccadotts, a popular bakeshop in the area.
If you live in Latham, NY: Try Fall Photography
With its scenic views and parks, you might want to pick up fall photography this year. The best part: you’re not just limited to this area. You can pick up and travel all across the Capital Region to get the best photographs. If you want to stick to an area near your apartment in Latham, NY, we suggest going to:
- Siena College
- The Crossings Park
- Peebles Island State Park
- Town of Colonie Mohawk River Park and Pool
- Burns Whitney Pocket Park
If you live in Guilderland, NY: Try Apple Picking
Does your family have a tradition of apple picking each year? Guilderland is the perfect place to start or continue this great activity. Our favorite apple orchards we suggest you head over to include:
- Indian Ladder Farms
- Altamont Orchards Inc.
- Bowman Orchards
- Riverview Orchards
An added bonus: All these places serve delicious fall treats! So, you’ll leave with a bag of apples and maybe a donut (or two!).
If you live in Niskayuna, NY: Try a Walking Trail
If you love fall adventure, head on over to Niskayuna’s popular walking trails. They’re great places for you to explore everything Upstate New York has to offer in the fall. Make sure you visit these top spots near your apartment in Niskayuna, New York:
- Mohawk River State Park
- Lisha Kill Preserve
- Mohawk-Hudson Bike Trail Spur
If you live in Schenectady, NY: Try Exploring Historic Sites
Do you live in an apartment in Schenectady and are a huge history buff? Then, Schenectady is a great place for you to stroll around in the fall months. With all of its history and historic buildings, there are so many landmarks you can visit. Below, are our must-visit sites:
- Union Street Historic District
- Nott Memorial
- S. Barney Building
- Harriet Tubman and William Seward Statue
- Schenectady City History Center
- Gateway Plaza
Discover What’s Available Around Apartments in the Capital Region: Contact Us
With over 23 Capital Region Communities, there are so many options for the places you’d like to live, work, and play in! Start finding your new home and contact us today! We’re more than happy to help you explore apartments in the Capital Region today.